As the information about the Corona virus spread is constantly presented to the public it is critical that we as followers of Christ remember and reflect what we believe about God, about fear, and about death. The Gospel is our answer to our current situation.
If you believe that God loved you enough to offer His Son to die in your place, then what good thing will He keep from you? Those who believe know that nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord, not even death.
Read Romans 8:31-39
For those who are in Christ, death is defeated. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now dwells in those who believe on Him.
Read Romans 6:10-11
We have no fear when we believe in God’s perfect love for us, and when we have no fear we are then able to love others as He loves us.
Read 1 John 4:13-21
We should constantly ask ourselves how we can show Christian love for each other and teach each other about the Gospel during this time of concern and anxiety. We need to support all our leadership for both government and spiritual leaders will give an account to God, so pray for them daily, if not more, they make the decision they make for your good.
Read Hebrews 13:16-18, Romans 13:1-7
- Offered the use of our facilities to the local government to use them as they have need to respond to the crisis in our community.
- Cancelling Public Gatherings to love and support our community in slowing the spread of the virus.
- Advising those at risk due to chronic illness or age to love by staying home and to avoid public gatherings.
- Advising those least at risk to actively meet the needs of those who are most at risk. They can picking up shopping or prescriptions or help in other ways to enable those at risk to stay home.
- Advising our members who are out of work due to the virus to get help from their local church family so that their immediate financial needs are met.
- Live streaming Wednesday evening messages @ 6:30 through our Facebook page.
- Publishing recorded sermons on our website and Facebook page by 9:00 am Sunday Mornings.
- Mailing Sunday school materials to our children and publishing videos online that work with the material so they can watch, read, and continue to learn about our Great God and His Son Jesus.
- Leadership will meet weekly to coordinate care and assess the ongoing crisis.
- Trusting in Jesus our God and our Redeemer.